Exploring React, SPA, and the decision between no code and pro code approaches

In this meeting, the State Changers discuss the different approaches to building web applications using React. Bryce expresses interest in using React to simplify the complexity of his current web development process and improve the latency and performance of his app. The State Changers explain the two dimensions of the problem: the choice between no-code and pro-code, and the choice between regular web applications and single page applications (SPA).

They mention that Webflow is an example of a no-code platform that allows for the creation of multiple web pages with separate runtimes and performance considerations. On the other hand, they mention platforms like Next JS, Laravel, and Ruby on Rails as examples of pro-code platforms that allow for the creation of multiple web pages with improved performance. The State Changers also discuss SPA approaches, mentioning Weweb as an example of a no-code approach where multiple pages are built as virtual pages within the code, resulting in smoother transitions between pages. They also mention building custom view or React apps as a more pro-code approach to achieve SPA-like performance. The participants emphasize that the choice between no-code and pro-code, as well as regular web applications and SPAs, can be made separately based on the specific requirements of the application. They suggest considering factors like search engine optimization and interactivity when making these choices. Furthermore, the State Changers discuss the benefits of using the Xano code environment, where the no-code system handles the majority (80%) of the development work, allowing developers to focus on the remaining 20% of custom code. They mention that this approach can save time and provide additional reliability. However, they also note that there may be cases where the majority of the app's requirements are not well-suited for the no-code environment. In such cases, using a pro-code tool may be more appropriate, as it allows for greater customization and control. They use the example of a code editor component in the Script Tag web application that heavily depends on pro-code capabilities and wouldn't be easily integrated into a no-code platform. Overall, the State Changers suggest that the choice between no-code and pro-code depends on understanding the specific requirements and center of gravity of the application. If the majority of the app's needs align with the capabilities of the no-code environment, it can be a cost-effective and time-saving choice. However, if customizations and special features are required, a pro-code approach may be more suitable.

(Source: Office Hours 5/23 Extra: ReactJS )

State Change Members Can View The Video Here

View This Video Now

Join State Change Risk-Free