Troubleshooting and Improving OpenAI Implementation for Statement Analysis
The State Changers convened to discuss an issue encountered with OpenAI, which was tasked to process a list of statements and generate questions based on them. However, the AI seemed to generate similar questions, despite different inputs.
Following a thorough analysis, several potential solutions were offered:
- The first suggestion was to store the generated prompt alongside the outputs in the table for better diagnosis. This will help understand whether similar outputs are a result of similar inputs.
- Leveraging the 'temperature setting' feature in OpenAI was recommended to increase the randomness of the results and address lack of variability.
- Tweaking the prompt engineering was suggested to either vary the structure or adjust hyperparameters.
- Reviewing the code of the OpenAI was suggested to ensure there were no upstream errors causing similar inputs.
- Finally, it was suggested to analyze the whole API request and store it as a JSON variable in a JSON field in the table, to troubleshoot issues at a granular level.
The meeting was highly technical, exploring specific functions of OpenAI, and offered solutions to enhance its performance and accuracy. It's ideal for those seeking in-depth understanding of using OpenAI for generating prompts and troubleshooting possible issues.